Pages

2013-12-19

Busy, busy, some new toys

Sony A7. Very nice! Peaking is especially well implemented. I plan on using this with old lenses, and maybe for some astrophotography, while keeping my EM-1 as my main camera. I got Nikon and OM adapters for use with my existing lenses, but will try out some more old glass.

Borg 67FL. Wow! With the 0.66x DGT reducer (now discontinued), this goes all the way down to 198mm and f/2.95! It also works with the 0.7x multi-reducer (7870), though it's only recommended for an APS-sized field, not the full 35mm field. The 0.85 reducer (7885) can also be used. A flattener for these shorter focal lengths will be coming along. No clear skies since I bought this.
I expect the T-ratio to be better than the Nikon 180/2.8ED Ai-S. I'll probably sell both the Nikon and my Borg 60ED.

Starlight Xpress 2" filter wheel. This is nicely made, and good value. The slightly taller than necessary Baader 2" filters fit without any problems.

Various adapters to hook up my QHY-8 and ST-8300M directly, with or without the filterwheel, via threaded parts rather than going through an EOS bayonet mount. This should help reduce sag. Yay, more adapters....

Pre-ordered the Vixen 100/3.8 VSD. I expect delivery in early February next year.

Bye-bye to my Mamiya-6 RF kit. Great camera, great glass, but I just wasn't using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment